Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mattes, shimmers, neutrals, Oh My!

Happy Wednesday to all!

        So I have to share with everyone that I finally gave in and got the Urban Decay Naked Palette and I love it! I decided to go with just the Naked palette because I love neutrals and I'm so glad that I finally purchased it.

Here is a picture of the colors within the palette:

Urban Decay Naked Palette
Sephora  $50

There are 12 shadows within this palette with some that are
matte and others have a nice shimmer.
The colors are nicely pigmented and go on smooth
with the shadow brush provided.

I haven't tried all of the shadows yet, but as of right now my favorites are Virgin (#1-matte), Sin (#2-shimmer), Buck (#4-matte), Half Baked (#5-shimmer gold), and Darkhorse (#8-shimmer dark brown).

The shadows Smog (#7-shimmer), Toasted (#9-shimmer), Hustle (#10-matte), and Creep (#11-shimmer black) are very pretty shadows that I will definitely try for a darker eye for a night out.

            After a little grocery shopping at Wal-Mart, I glanced through the beauty aisles and also picked up a few Wet n Wild products. I found that the Wet n Wild eyeshadows are so pigmented and smooth for a drugstore palette and if I hadn't just purchased the Naked palette I would have definitely purchased one! Instead I thought I would try one of their blush products and a single eyeshadow (on a side note, it is very likely I will go back for the Wet n Wild palette sooner than later).


Wet n Wild Pearlescent Pink Blush

              not quite $3.00

*goes on very pink, so less is definitely more


Wet n Wild Coloricon single eyeshadow  in Nutty

               not quite $2.00

*haven't tried it yet, but the swatch on my arm looked like a pretty satin brown taupe with nice shimmer and pigment



So those are my favorite new makeup products that I'm very excited to try out and experiment with!

Stay tuned, I have an order of NYX lipsticks and mascara that should be delivered to my house tomorrow!

Leave comments if you please :)

Have a good day everyone!

Peace and love,
   Kayla <3

No comments:

Post a Comment